Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Interiors :: A Bright & Airy San Francisco Victorian Home


If you've noticed an exponential increase in the number of my interiors pins, it's because Ryan and I are just starting to think about buying a house.  While there's still a lot we need to figure out {all I know is we. must. have. an old house}, the idea of it has taken over my brain!  Now I'll be the first to admit that I absolutely love taking a peek into fabulous, luxurious homes {example: this stately New York townhouse}...but lately I've been drawn towards ones that seem more do-able for a first home :) I'm particularly drawn to Miriam Schneider's San Francisco Victorian with it's high ceilings, abundance of natural light, and unique combination of modern & traditional, feminine & masculine.  I love that it feels like a home {versus a showroom} and feels like normal people live there.  And how amazing is that outdoor space?  For more, check out the full Rue Magazine article here.


9 comments:

  1. Love this place! I love the doable feel too! Good lucj house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great house. Actually the decorating reminds me a lot of your apartment which is awesome. Happy house hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is nice. I like the airy look of the dining area. Good luck with your house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully decorated and I love that outdoor space! Good luck with your house hunting!

    www.livinginsteil.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what it is about San Fran, but people have the most stylish spaces there! I love this look! Esp her outdoor space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful home! This is so exciting that you looking to buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous home! The dining room is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh what a beautiful home. Just my style with perfect pops of color but also a very calm feeling. Love her desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason and I are also looking at buying our first home. Its a big step and it will probably take us awhile to figure it all out. Best of luck with your house hunt.

    ReplyDelete